To launch our new concrete-inspired colour, Sleek Concrete 4003, we prepared a chocolate dessert with wild berries.
Chocolate Ganache Tarts with Berries Recipe
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Tart Shell Pastry
300 grams white flour
200 grams butter, cut into small pieces
100 grams white sugar
20 grams cocoa powder
pinch of salt
Ingredients for Ganache filling
200 grams dark chocolate
200 grams heavy cream
40 grams butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Combine the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix with a pastry blender or hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add the egg and mix to get a smooth mixture.
4. Wrap in a plastic wrap and place in the fridge for an hour.
5. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut pieces that are 3 centimeters wider than the tart pans.
7. Carefully roll the dough up onto the pan and shave off the excess hanging dough with a knife.
8. Put the tarts in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to relax.
9. Bake the pastry for 15-20 minutes, until it becomes brown. Set aside to cool.
10. Heat the heavy cream in a pot over medium-low flame, until it simmers slightly around the edges.
11. Remove from the heat; add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smoothed out.
12. Add the butter until melted and smoothed out.
13. Pour the filling into the cooled tart shell and place in the fridge to settle.
14. Garnish with berries or any other fruit.
15. Serve and enjoy!